The Tenant Readiness Program partners with Lucas County landlords and tenants to help families improve their ability to manage the responsibilities of their households before they sign a lease.
The tenant readiness program helps prevent evictions and help landlords secure their property investment. The goal is to help tenants who are financially vulnerable before they enter into a lease agreement.
- We will help protect your investment by monitoring and addressing your tenants’ financial situation throughout the term of their lease.
- We will develop an applicant pool of potential renters who have successfully completed the program.
- We will establish a Property Owner/ Manager Network to support you in addressing your concerns.
- The program will help you better prepare for the financial responsibilities of being a renter before you commit to a lease.
- You will learn how to manage your household budget and develop emergency plans.
- You will receive one-on-one support for the duration of your lease.
- Gain access to our network of partnering Landlords.
An eviction is an event no family wants to experience. However, a renter places their household at risk of that experience when they fail to plan their spending decisions. By thinking through your spending decisions before you commit to a lease and adjusting your budget to assure that you can afford all of the basic costs, you can reduce the chances of facing eviction.
- We want to help you take control of your finances so that you and your family can live a productive life.
- Families & individuals searching for new housing and who have the income to afford the costs of renting.
- Renters who want help managing their household budget.
- The program is provided at no cost to you thanks to the Toledo Community Foundation.
- Attend an Assessment Intake appointment
- Complete an Individual Stability Plan
- Work one-on-one with our case managers
- Utilize us to help you carry out your plan
- Meet with us 3 times out of a year
- Receive our Household Stability Seal of Approval Card
- Be recognized by our network of Landlords
For more information please contact Brian Rome, Family Support and Guidance Program Coordinator at:
Phone: 419-214-4939 Fax: 419-244-2860 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org