At Catholic Charities, we believe in educating and empowering families and individuals to help them make wise money management decisions. Financial education workshops are held regularly at our Mansfield, Norwalk and Toledo offices. The workshops are free and open to the public.
Our Mansfield office has developed an extensive financial literacy program with one-on-one financial counseling, workshops and events.
- One-On-One Case Management: All clients seeking financial assistance complete an intake assessment with a case manager. The assessment includes a full review of the household budget. Clients are referred to community resources which can help to reduce their expenses.
- Life Skills Workshops: Participants learn basic money management, establishing a household budget, understanding credit reports and scores, how to protect against identity theft, scams, and predatory lending, and how to be a wise consumer. For dates and times, please call 419-524-0733.
- National Consumer Protection Week Resource Fair: The resource fair is hosted as part of the Annual Consumer Protection Week in early March. Exhibitors provide free information on money management and being a smart consumer.
Norwalk and Sandusky
Basic Budgeting Skills Workshops are offered on a regular basis in Norwalk and Sandusky. The workshops address budgeting, paying off debt and save for the future. For more information or to register for a workshop, please call 419-668-3073.
Managing with Diligence Workshops are designed to help Toledo-area residents who are struggling to manage household expenses. Participants learn skills to avoid getting behind on housing and utility bills and to prepare for financial emergencies. Participants also learn to:
- Establish and maintain a balanced life in order to move to the next step of financial stability.
- Strategically manage income to enjoy life debt-free.
- Evaluate thought patterns that lead to non-productive spending decisions.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
Managing with Diligence Workshops are offered on the third Tuesday and Wednesday of each month. Please register by the second Friday of the month by contacting Brian Rome at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 419-214-4939.