Respect Life Prayers
Entrustment of the Cause of Life
bright dawn of the new world,
Mother of the living,
to you do we entrust the cause of life
Look down, O Mother,
upon the vast numbers
of babies not allowed to be born,
of the poor whose lives are made difficult,
of men and women
who are victims of brutal violence,
of the elderly and the sick killed
by indifference or out of misguided mercy.
Grant that all who believe in your Son
may proclaim the Gospel of life
with honesty and love
to the people of our time.
Obtain for them the grace
to accept that Gospel
as a gift ever new,
the joy of celebrating it with gratitude
throughout their lives
and the courage to bear witness to it
resolutely, in order to build,
together with all people of good will,
the civilization of truth and love,
to the praise and glory of God,
the Creator and lover of life.
― Pope John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae (1995)
Prayer for the Unborn
Heavenly Father, Creator of all Life,
We thank you for the gift of Life that you have given to each of us. You have made us Your children, and filled us with Your Holy Spirit.
We turn to You now, Our Father, to ask for Your protection for our unborn brothers and sisters. We pray that mothers and fathers will place the Life of their unborn children above their own needs and wants. We pray that family and community members will offer their support for unborn children. We pray that the well-being of both mother and child will be the focus of all health care workers. And we pray that government leaders will seek ways to uphold the dignity of human life.
We place all these prayers before you through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Amen.
Prayer through the intercession of St. Thérèse
O gentle Jesus, through whom all life came to be,
hear our prayers for all men and women.
Hear our prayers for the great and powerful.
Hear our prayers for the weak and broken.
Hear our prayers for the littlest and most innocent.
Hear our prayer for tall human cedars
and the very littlest of human flowers.
May all see in each the souls so precious to You,
and through the intercession of Saint Thérèse
may each of them be kept saved and loved.
We ask this though Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer for Life to Our Lady of Fatima
Mary, Virgin conceived without sin,
– we place our unborn children in your loving and tender care.
Mary, Full of Grace,
– we ask you to guide us to do the will of the Creator of all Life.
Mary, Protector of the Infant Jesus,
– we ask you to protect the most vulnerable among us.
Mary, Mother of Hope,
– we lift the challenges and difficulties facing human life to you.
Mary, Spouse of St. Joseph,
– we seek your aid for all mothers and fathers so that they may sustain one another as they provide for their families.
Mary, Blessed among women,
– we pray that all women will have the courage and support to choose life for their unborn child.
Mary, Help of the Sorrowful,
– we pray for those who suffer the grief of an abortion.
Mary, Mother of Mercy,
– we ask you to intercede with your son, Jesus, for the forgiveness of sins committed against the Dignity of Human Life.
Mary, Comfort of the Afflicted,
– we ask you to tend to those who suffer the grief of the loss of a child.
Mary, Queen of Peace,
– we pray for your help so that all people will appreciate the sanctity of human life and will find true peace in lifting up rather than tearing down life.
Mary, our Mother,
– be with us in our outreach for all human life. Amen.