July 25 Hour of Prayer For Life On Eve of Execution
PORT CLINTON—People of all faiths are invited to Immaculate Conception Parish in Port Clinton for an Hour of Prayer for Life on Tuesday, July 25, at approximately 5:45 p.m., immediately following Mass at 5 p.m. The prayer vigil, led by Fr. John C. Missler at Immaculate Conception Church, 414 Madison Street, Port Clinton, OH.
We pray this evening of peaceful prayer will bring the light of Christ Jesus to move the hearts and minds of all present to a deeper appreciation of the dignity of human life, as we pray for victims of crime and those facing execution.
After a three-year hiatus, Ohio’s plan to resume executions by lethal injection appears to be moving forward. At this time, the State is going through their preparation checklist for the execution of Ronald Phillips on Wednesday, July 26, 2017.
1. Pray for the victims of crime, those facing execution, and those working in the criminal justice system;
2. Reach out to the families of those affected by violent crime by bringing Christ’s love and compassion;
3. Learn about the Catholic Church’s teaching on capital punishment and educate others in this vital area of concern by visiting: http://www.usccb.org/…/death-penalty-capital-puni…/index.cfm;
4. Advocate for the end of the death penalty by sending a postcard and by calling Governor John Kasich at: 614-466-3555, urging clemency for all 139 individuals on death row in the State of Ohio.
5. Join us for a series of monthly Candlelight Prayer Vigils for the abolition of the death penalty being planned throughout the Diocese of Toledo.
Churches of any faith denomination interested in holding a Prayer Vigil, or individuals interested in volunteering for Catholic Charities Jail & Prison Ministry, should contact Justice Ministry Coordinator Nick Lyster at 419.214.4958 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org