Catholic Charities works to create an awareness of the dignity of human life through supporting parish Respect Life groups, providing presentations on Respect Life issues, and publishing a bi-weekly Respect Life e-newsletter with local and national news and events. Staff also provide training to those interested in sidewalk ministry to women outside abortion clinics.
Respect Life Coordinator
Peter Range graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a Masters in Theology and a focus in Biblical Studies in 2009. Preceding Notre Dame, Peter received his Bachelor of Arts in History from John Carroll University in 2004. Upon his graduation from John Carroll Peter spent a year volunteering in Immokalee, Florida where he worked with immigrant and migrant families. He continued his volunteer experience at St. Martin de Porres High School, part of the Cristo Rey Network of Schools in Cleveland, Ohio where he worked with inner city youth. Peter subsequently taught Scripture for 3 years at St. Martin de Porres and eventually entered the Society of Jesus to discern a call to the religious life. After experiencing the love of Jesus Christ on a 30 day silent retreat, Peter moved on to ‘Opportunity House’ where he lived with former foster care young men who were formerly homeless. While at Opportunity House, Peter also worked vigorously for the ’40 days for life’ campaign to spread a culture of life in Cleveland and beyond. Peter then began at St. Thomas More University Parish as Lead Campus Minister in the summer of 2011. Finally, in the summer of 2014 Peter assumed leadership of the Respect Life Program Office for the Diocese of Toledo through Catholic Charities. The fifth of six children, Peter is passionate about family, service and encountering the one true God, Jesus Christ. He loves to read, play sports and simply converse on life’s biggest issues and questions.
For information on starting a Respect Life group at your parish or sidewalk counseling, please contact Respect Life Coordinator Peter Range at 419-244-6711, ext. 220 or email@example.com. For upcoming events, please visit the event calendar.
For information about Project Rachel, a post-abortion healing ministry, please contact Project Rachel Coordinator Tara Woodbury at 419-654-4886 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Culture Project Coming to the Diocese of Toledo
- Catholic Charities Respect Life E-Newsletter: Published bi-weekly with local and national events and news. Sign up below to receive it by email.
- Forming a Parish Respect Life Committee
- Respect Life Prayers
- Respect for Life in Scripture
- Abortion facts
- The Culture Project: The Culture Project will be in the Diocese of Toledo December 1-19. Learn more on how to book a presentation at your local parish or school
Local Assistance for Pregnant Women
- Pregnancy Centers in the Diocese of Toledo
- Catholic Charities Pregnancy Support and Adoption Services
- Project Rachel – Hope after Abortion
Additional Online Resources
- United States Catholic Conference of Bishops Pro-Life Activities
- National Committee for a Human Life Amendment
- Catholic Conference of Ohio Bishops
- National Catholic Bioethics Center