Catholic Charities makes real the love that God has for each individual person regardless of their faith or background by serving the poor, speaking for and assisting the neglected and forgotten, respecting and promoting life from beginning to end and nurturing and supporting individuals and families.
Catholic Charities is an organization that is Christ-centered, makes an impact in our community, is transformational for those we serve, and is driven by a clear faith-based mission.
What we do:
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.” – 1 Pet. 4:10
- Serving the poor.
- Speaking for and assisting the neglected and forgotten.
- Respecting and promoting life from beginning to end.
- Nurturing and supporting individuals and families.
How we serve:
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me....whatever you did for one of these least brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” - Mt. 25:35-36, 40.
- Being Christ-centered; remaining faithful to the positive and life-changing teachings of Christ and His Church.
- Making an impact; serving people with passion and love and giving them meaning and hope.
- Transformational; Creating opportunities for life-long transformation.
Why we exist:
“You are precious and honored in my sight…” Is. 43:4
- Serve Christ by serving others.
- Be the Spirit of Jesus to everyone we serve.
- Regard each life as sacred and precious beyond measure.
- Spread hope through faith in God.
- Our actions will be guided by three main principles: Christ-centered; transformational, and making an impact.
- Catholic Charities will be the Spirit of Jesus in the community.
- Our source will be prayer, scripture, and the sacraments of the Catholic Church.
- We will be faithful to Christ Jesus and guided by the social teachings of the Catholic Church.
- We assist those in need and nurture and support individuals and families.
- We will respect life in all of its stages and conditions, and we will treat each individual with the care and concern every child of God deserves.